Image Map
New Theme Coming Soon :)

Friday 7 June 2013

The Scare Games - Echo's Lessons (Echo's part of the story)

After wolfing down the garbage they served at the cafeteria, I found myself heading towards the school of engineering. I had signed up for this class because I wanted to be able to learn more about the topic - engineering was very important if you were to work at Monsters Inc. The class was taken by a strange sturdy monster with glasses. He said that to begin with our lessons, we would learn about the scream canisters where all the screams were collected. We noted the blueprints for one of the canisters and were asked how we could improve them. One hairy blue monster shouted out,
"Make 'em red instead of yellow!" Everybody laughed at that. 
"Think of the engineering in the topic not the colour! We're not in the school of arts." called the teacher from the front of the room, holding the canister. Eventually, we were asked to design and draw our own canister which we would begin to make next week. "If you're lucky, your canisters might end up in the Monsters Inc Factory!" said the teacher, excitedly. I didn't really want to be an engineer but I knew the training would help. I was going to be a scarer.

The next lesson, and the last lesson, was Science. I had specifically chosen this lesson so I could catch up with Gary. In the school of science, you were asked to learn from the masters and then make your own scientific thing. I hadn't a clue what I would make, but it was a great chance to talk to Gary.
"How's it going?" I whispered to Gary.
"Not very well." The blue monster replied. I studied his dreary eyes.
"You need some sleep Gary." I said, softly.
"Yes, you're right. Perfect timing! You can continue with this machine I'm making and it will contribute to your science lessons. I'm going to have a rest now, but I'll be back later. I followed the blueprints and tried to get the machine working, but it wouldn't. The teacher came over and examined me. I couldn't determine whether I had done well or bad. Gary arrived later, and I was relieved. Another long Monday. But I was looking forward to Tuesday - playing sports as a monster! I waddled up the stairs like I used to, as a penguin. I found room 56 and unlocked it. There, sat a beaming Bubsey Good and Pingywin. They were both in OK. But how did their Monday go? I hoped it was better than my Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment