Image Map
New Theme Coming Soon :)

Sunday 9 June 2013

The Scare Games - Echo's Roar (Echo's part of the story)

Thursday. The Scaring Day was back on! I woke at about seven o' clock in the morning, brushed my teeth, ate my cereal and ran out of the dorm into the corridor. There was a strict rule about not running in the corridor but I wanted to be there early. Luckily, nobody caught me. I caught the bus from our dorm to the School of Scaring because my legs were aching. I had left Bubsey and Pingy behind, but they would arrive later. I kept thinking of all the rules you had to obey. Close the closest door. Watch out for sharp objects. Scare the child, but don't let anything from the human world touch you. I was beginning to forget about the penguin life! The bus stopped and I slowly walked across the path and up to the School of Scaring. There were lots of monsters there already. In fact, it had already started because of the fact that the school couldn't hold so many monsters in one room at a time! I watched as the containers filled up with fake screams - it was all fake. They couldn't use the stuff at Monsters Inc because it was too dangerous but I was glad that they found the equipment. 10 doors, 10 queues. I joined the back of the queue of a bright blue door. I hoped I would scare a boy robot. But girl's screams were always the best. Pingy and Bubsey entered and they chose their door. I was already second in the queue! Time had gone so fast and I needed time to think. But before I knew it, the monster before me laughed and watched his container fill to the top. I was worried now. What if the child didn't scream? What if I forgot the rules? But I had to go in. So I did...

It was quiet and eerie inside. I creaked open the closet door and shut it tightly. It reminded me of the penguin world. But I was a monster now - ready to scare. There were drawings on the walls, most likely put there to fool the monsters. The drawings were by the robot kid. They showed monsters scaring him, he was hiding in one of them. He even had a photograph of a monster! That put me off, but I knew it was only fake. I hadn't actually looked at the child. That's when I realised there was no child. The child was gone. I looked around, scared for the first time in my life. Was this a trick? I rushed over to the closet door and pulled it open. All that was in there was clothes. A chill was sent down my spine. It was dark in here and there were loads of creepy paintings and artwork. I wanted to become a penguin again: but I couldn't. 

After a few more minutes, two penguins from the CDA arrived after finding that the door was sealed and a monster was trapped in there. They noted the fact that the scream container was empty. But they broke the door down and they entered the closet, which was now no longer full of clothes. I was crouching down, looking for a way out.
"Uh, we're very sorry about this, Echo," he said, reading my name tag. "There was a malfunction with your door. We hope you understand but you can join the front of the queue next to yours. We'll find the robot kid - don't worry - he's only a robot."
I quickly joined the front of the queue of the next door. I entered swiftly, and held the door open until I was certain there was a child in the room. I wouldn't get distracted ever again. I got into position, knelt over the bed, and gave my hugest roar and made the scariest face. The child jumped up and screamed loudly, before falling back into bed. I rushed outside and checked the scream container! I had done it - I had filled the container.

That took about half the day up - as well as the scaring lessons. I had more lessons later that day, but I won't go into detail about them. But as I walked back to our dorm with Pingy and Bubsey, chatting about how our day went, we heard a loud noise. I knew it would instantly get reported - there was a no noise rule, but it seemed to be coming from our dorm. That's two rules broken - it turns out that Pingy's fur is made up of puffles! I heard the room inspection were coming today, and I quickly warned Pingy and Bubsey. We entered and started to dance. We were distracted and when I finally looked at my watch, an hour had past. The room inspection arrived at 8 o clock, and sometimes she was early! There were monsters of all different sizes, on the beds, in the bath tub, even in the sink! It was crammed and Bubsey immediatly shouted for everyone to get out. I wondered how they got in! They took the disco ball, the guitars and left me, Bubsey and Pingy alone in what felt like a deserted room. 
"Quick! Let's tidy everything up and put your puffles away, Pingy!" I said.
"Don't worry - they'll go back in." Pingy replied. We heard a knock on the door. A voice called room inspection. A large monster woman entered and looked around our dorm.
"Well done - wait what's that hanging off your body?" asked the woman.
"Uh, they're like seeing-eye snakes but on my body!" said Pingy thinking of an answer.
"Very well. You have completed the dorm inspection. Now, have you heard large amounts of noise, because I've got lots of complaints.
"No," we all lied. She left. I hopped into bed and we switched the lights off. Tomorrow was Friday, then it was the weekend. There was a field-trip to the Monster Museum in Monstropolis on Saturday. I was going but I hadn't yet asked Bubsey or Pingy. I was looking forward to tomorrow - we had the School of Aquatics and we were swimming and using a boat on Troll Bridge! Plus, more lessons. Nothing much else is happening tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment